Christ has set you free from worrying,anxious & suicidal thoughts!

It was early morning, I was having a good cup of coffee at home as the rain was pouring down. I sat down to read the Bible, and I asked the Lord to show me a scripture that tells me Jesus has truly dealt with the area of suicidal thoughts and depression in His finished work from the scourging posts to the Cross. As I prayed, "Father, unveil to me the truths you see I need to know," I went to the passage where the Roman soldiers placed the crown of thorns on Jesus' head. Lets look at the verse, shall we? 

"And the soldiers twisted a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe"-John 19:2

As I was looking at this verse, my eyes focused on the phrase "crown of thorns and put it on His head," I was impressed upon to search the greek meaning behind the word "thorns" used in this verse and it was akantha, now here's the catch, the root word that this 
akantha comes from is 
aké (a point or edge) 
according to NAS exhaustive concordance. When the crown of thorns was put on Jesus' head, He was bleeding already. 

Friend, are there thoughts that are driving you to the edge? are you feeling like you are bout to fall off the edge of a cliff anytime? are you feeling like you are holding onto the last straw of hope? family needs and workplace pressure pushing you to the point of your breaking? just one moment away from "I give up," ? Here's the Good News : Christ has set you free from every kind of suicidal and depressive thought by shedding His blood for you and I. He endured the sufferings for the joy that was set before Him, Jesus saw your freedom, Jesus saw you walking free of any suicidal and depressive thought that was holding you captive! There is power in His blood and your freedom is NOW!

Here’s a visual presentation of what happened when the crown of thorns was put on His head. (Of course, these scenes can never come close to the real sufferings or the degree of it that Jesus went through but this is the closest visual presentation we have.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practical keys to overcoming anxiety

Radical Grace

Inception of Grace